TOP 10 Amazon A9 Algorithm KPIs – While the exact weighting and priority of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used by Amazon’s A9 algorithm are not publicly disclosed, the following list represents a general understanding based on industry observations and analysis.
Discover the top 10 Amazon A9 Algorithm KPIs
- Sales Performance: The algorithm places a strong emphasis on sales metrics, including overall sales volume, conversion rates, and sales velocity. High sales performance indicates product relevance and customer satisfaction.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR): The percentage of customers who click on a particular product listing after viewing it in search results. A higher CTR suggests a compelling listing that aligns with customer intent.
- Relevance to Customer Search Query: The degree to which a product listing matches the keywords and search terms entered by customers. Optimizing keywords in titles, bullet points, and descriptions is crucial for relevance.
- Customer Reviews and Ratings: Positive reviews and higher ratings indicate customer satisfaction and help establish trust. A strong review profile can positively impact ranking and click-through rates.
- Seller Metrics: Seller performance metrics, such as order defect rate, late shipment rate, and customer response time, are considered by the algorithm. Maintaining strong seller metrics contributes to higher rankings.
- Product Listing Completeness: The completeness and accuracy of product information, including title, bullet points, and descriptions. Detailed and informative listings tend to perform better.
- Product Price: Competitive pricing that aligns with customer expectations and market conditions can positively impact ranking and conversion rates.
- Image Quality and Optimization: High-quality product images that showcase the product and its features effectively can contribute to better click-through rates and conversions.
- Enhanced Brand Content/A+ Content: The use of enhanced content features, such as A+ Content and Brand Stores, can provide a more engaging and informative experience for customers, potentially leading to higher conversions.
- Advertising and Promotions: Sponsored products, promotional campaigns, and advertising investments can influence visibility and sales performance, indirectly impacting A9 algorithm ranking.
Key tips to have the best organic position in your product listings
Sales Velocity on Amazon
Sales velocity refers to the rate at which a product sells over a specific period. Amazon’s A9 algorithm takes into account different sales velocities, such as 30 days, 90 days, and 180 days, to assess a product’s popularity and relevance.
- The sales velocity at 30 days refers to the number of units sold within the past 30 days. It provides a relatively short-term view of a product’s sales performance. A high sales velocity at 30 days indicates that the product is currently in high demand and selling well.
- The sales velocity at 90 days expands the timeframe and measures the number of units sold within the past 90 days. This metric provides a broader perspective on a product’s sustained popularity and sales performance over a longer period.
- The sales velocity at 180 days considers the number of units sold within the past 180 days. It offers an even more extended view of a product’s performance, reflecting its long-term appeal and customer interest.
The impact of sales velocities on a product’s organic position in Amazon Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) is significant. Higher sales velocities demonstrate strong market demand and customer interest in a product. Amazon’s algorithm interprets this as a signal of relevance and popularity, leading to a positive impact on a product’s organic ranking.
When a product consistently maintains high sales velocities across these different timeframes, it suggests to Amazon that the product is meeting customer needs and preferences. As a result, the algorithm rewards the product with better visibility in search results, potentially placing it higher in organic rankings.
Maintaining strong sales velocities requires effective marketing strategies, competitive pricing, customer satisfaction, and overall product quality. By consistently optimizing these factors and generating strong sales over time, sellers can increase their chances of achieving and maintaining favorable organic positions on Amazon.
The impact of Runing out of Stock on Amazon A9 Algorithm KPIs
Running out of stock on Amazon can have several negative consequences for your organic position in Amazon SERPs:
- Decline in Sales Velocities: When a product goes out of stock, its sales velocities drop to zero. This sudden decrease in sales signals to Amazon’s algorithm that the product is no longer in demand. As a result, the algorithm may reevaluate the product’s relevance and lower its organic ranking.
- Loss of Visibility: When your product is out of stock, it becomes invisible to potential customers. It won’t appear in search results or category listings, severely limiting its exposure. This lack of visibility reduces the chances of attracting new customers and generating sales.
- Loss of Keyword Ranking: If your product remains out of stock for an extended period, it can lose its rankings for valuable keywords. Competing products that remain in stock and continue to generate sales may surpass your product in organic rankings. Regaining lost keyword rankings can be challenging and may require additional effort and time.
- Decreased Conversion Rates: A product being out of stock can lead to a decline in customer trust and satisfaction. When potential customers find your product unavailable, they may turn to alternatives, potentially purchasing from your competitors. This can result in reduced conversion rates and lower overall sales performance.
- Negative Impact on Seller Metrics: Amazon monitors seller performance metrics, including inventory management. Running out of stock frequently or for extended periods can negatively affect your seller metrics, such as your Order Defect Rate (ODR) or Late Shipment Rate (LSR). Poor metrics may result in account penalties, suspension, or limited access to certain features.
Lack of Promotions on Amazon and its impact on Amazon A9 Algorithm KPIs
If you choose not to join Amazon’s Best Offer & Promotional Programs, you may experience the following implications:
- Reduced Visibility and Exposure: Participating in these programs allows your products to be featured prominently on Amazon’s website and attract more attention from potential customers. Without joining, your products may receive less visibility, reducing the chances of attracting customers and generating sales.
- Limited Marketing Opportunities: Amazon’s Best Offer & Promotional Programs provide various marketing tools and features that can help increase product visibility and drive sales. These programs enable you to run promotional campaigns, offer discounts, participate in Lightning Deals, or utilize sponsored placements. By not participating, you miss out on these opportunities to effectively market your products to a broader audience.
- Competitive Disadvantage: Many sellers actively participate in Amazon’s promotional programs to boost their sales and gain a competitive edge. By not joining, you may find it challenging to compete with sellers who are leveraging these programs to attract customers and increase conversions. This could result in lower sales volumes and potentially impact your organic ranking and overall performance.
- Limited Customer Engagement: Amazon’s promotional programs often provide opportunities for increased customer engagement. For example, Lightning Deals can generate a sense of urgency and encourage customers to make a purchase. By not participating, you may miss out on these engagements, which could impact customer loyalty and repeat purchases.
- Potential Missed Revenue: Participating in Amazon’s Best Offer & Promotional Programs can lead to increased sales volumes, improved conversion rates, and potentially higher revenue. By not taking advantage of these programs, you may miss out on potential revenue growth opportunities that could have been achieved through increased exposure and promotional efforts.
What are the factors that determine A9 algorithm?
In conclusion, understanding and optimizing the key performance indicators (KPIs) of Amazon’s A9 algorithm is crucial for achieving and maintaining a favorable organic position on the platform. While the exact weighting and priority of these KPIs are not publicly disclosed, industry observations and analysis provide valuable insights.
Sales performance, click-through rate, relevance to customer search queries, customer reviews and ratings, seller metrics, product listing completeness, product price, image quality and optimization, enhanced brand content, and advertising and promotions are all important factors that can influence a product’s organic ranking.
One of the essential KPIs is sales velocity, which measures the rate at which a product sells over specific timeframes. High sales velocities, particularly across 30 days, 90 days, and 180 days, indicate strong market demand and customer interest. Amazon’s algorithm interprets this as a signal of relevance and popularity, positively impacting a product’s organic ranking.
On the other hand, running out of stock can have significant negative consequences on a product’s organic position. It leads to a decline in sales velocities, loss of visibility, decreased conversion rates, potential loss of keyword rankings, and negative impacts on seller metrics. It is crucial for sellers to effectively manage their inventory to maintain a consistent supply and avoid stockouts.
Additionally, participating in Amazon’s Best Offer & Promotional Programs provides several benefits, including increased visibility, marketing opportunities, a competitive edge, and enhanced customer engagement. By leveraging these programs, sellers can attract more customers, increase sales volumes, and potentially achieve higher revenue.
In summary, optimizing the identified Top 10 Amazon A9 Algorithm KPIs, maintaining strong sales velocities, avoiding stockouts, and actively participating in Amazon’s promotional programs are key strategies for achieving and sustaining a favorable organic position on the platform. By consistently focusing on these factors, sellers can enhance their visibility, attract customers, and drive overall sales performance on Amazon.